Course Overview : A participant will be capable of identifying existing or predictable hazards in the surroundings or working conditions which are unsanitary, hazardous, or dangerous to employees, and who has the authorization to take prompt corrective measures to eliminate these hazards.
5 Days programme
Objective : Participants will receive the professional Scaffold Competent person training either from an internal (Office of Environmental Health and Safety, EHS) or external competent person.
- Design and preplanning of the scaffold including weight limitations, scaffold type, fall protection, tie-offs, supports, etc.
- Overseeing the erection of the scaffold
- Final inspection of the scaffold prior to initial occupation for use.
- Document preparations
- Inspections of scaffolds after changes / alterations have been made.
- Oversight and inspections of mobile scaffolds.
- Training of other competent persons, scaffold erectors, and users.
- Contact EHS for assistance and guidance in any of the duties associated with being a Competent Person.
- handle all required tools, tackles , materials & equipment safely
- follow safe disposal of waste, harmful and hazardous materials as per EHS guidelines
- install and apply properly all safety equipment as instructed
- follow safety protocol and practices as laid down by site EHS department
- collect and deposit construction waste into identified containers before disposal, separate containers that may be needed for disposal of toxic or hazardous wastes
- apply ergonomic principles wherever required
Accreditation Body: KHDA, Dubai Municipality and Trakhees approved Course
Certificate validity: 2 Years Valid Certificate