LEEA - Courses
Course Overview : Since lifting operations are inherently hazardous this course is deigned to offer leaners to chalk out effective lift planning along with risk assessment which is essential in order to complete the job effectively. So it can be concluded that with the help of this course the cranes and lifting accidents are preventable.
5 Days Programme
Objective : With this course based on the fundamentals of lifting operations the learners will be able to prepare the comprehensive lifting plans with detailed risk assessment. Learners will be equipped with better understanding of relevant legislation and best practices of lifting operations.
- Principles of selection for lifting equipment
- Exchange of the Information between User and Designer, or Supplier
- Marking, Storage, Handling and Inspection
- Safe Use of Lifting Equipment
- Operative trainings
- Load Security – Balance and Stability
- Principles for the selection and use of multipurpose slings and lifting appliances
- Planning and lifting operation
- Information about the Code of Practice for the Safe Use of Lifting Equipment
- A glossary of terminology
- Illustrated crane signals
- Guidance on load estimation – weight and center of gravity
- A comprehensive index
- An angle guide.
Certification: A practical and theory test will be taken on day Five of the course if successful the Delegate will be awarded a LEEA certificate of training.