DCD - Fire Safety Courses
Course Overview : This course offers the basic understanding which is related to the response to fire emergency and the measures related to fire prevention. This course also implements the skills of a fire warden among the learners and they are also able to understand the types of fire after the course.
Half day programme – 4 hours max.
Audience : Designed to train personnel who are appointed as Fire Wardens in the basic Concepts of firefighting and evacuation.
Objective : : The Learner should recognize, respond quickly and effectively to Fire Emergencies. With the comprehension on company’s Standing Operating Procedures and basic concept of firefighting, prevention & evacuation the learners should be able to play the role of a perfect Fire Warden.
Outline (International Award):
- Role & Responsibilities
- Principles of fire risk assessment
- Principles of fire evacuation plans.
- Fire Safety
- Fire Extinguish theory & agents
- Fire Drills conduction
- Fire Emergency Escape Routes
- Equipment check
- Planning in Advance
- Actions in Fire Events
- Fire Prevention
- Fire Protection- Structural
- Human Behavior in Fire
- Source of ignition/Heat
- Static Electricity
- Source of Fuel
- Safe and proper use if portable hand held fire extinguishers
- Fire Theory, classification & Chemistry
- Precautions for Control Of Hot Work
- Electrical Equipment Safety
- Cooking Oils And Fats
- To control fire hazards, using different control measures
- Principles Of Heat Transmission
- Causes and Consequences of Fires in Workplaces
- LPG Fire Presentation Arrangements
- Storage of Flammable Liquids in Workrooms and Other Locations
- the most effective extinguishing agent to be used against each class of fire
- Be familiar with the different types of fire extinguishers and how to use them.
- Procedure Knowledge to use fire emergency evacuation passages.
Practical : Proper use of hand held extinguishers
Accreditation Body : Dubai Civil Defense
Certificate validity : 2 years valid certificate as per Dubai Civil Defense regulation.